The mission of the Blair/Bedford Builders Association is to associate the residential and non-residential building, remodeling, and housing industries of Bedford and Blair Counties for the purpose of mutual advantage and cooperation. We are dedicated to:
Developing and maintaining a high appreciation of the objectives and responsibilities of all members in fully serving the public
Advocating and encouraging the constant improvement of techniques and practices of all members
Promoting and helping to protect the principles of home ownership and decent housing of all kinds at a price within the reach of all residents of the Blair and Bedford Counties
Coopering with other trade associations in all matters related to advancing the industries
Advocating the standardization of codes and standards pertaining to the design and construction of all structures in Bedford and Blair Counties
Working towards the elimination of governmental regulations improperly restricting the industry
Supporting beneficial legislation at the municipal, state, and federal levels of government
Promoting and enforcing a code of ethics for members of the Blair/Bedford Builders Association
Creating publications and distributing information of value to its members, the public, and the government
Serving, advancing, and protecting the welfare of the industry in a manner that adequate housing will be made available by private enterprises to all residents
The Blair/Bedford Builders Association is dedicated to serving its members and the two county areas. We have demonstrated our commitment in a number of ways including:
Offering educational programs and seminars for members and the general public
Sponsoring the student chapters for the Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center (GACTC) and the Bedford Career and Technology Center (BCTC)
Donating hundreds of smoke detectors to the City of Altoona Fire Department to be installed in various homes
Giving back with monetary donations to non-profit organizations through Blair and Bedford counties
Maintaining memberships with the Blair County Chamber of Commerce, Bedford County Chamber of Commerce, and the Pennsylvania Housing Research Center
Partnering with the GACTC and BCTC to promote careers in building and related trades
Providing assistance to hundreds of property owners and housing consumers with up-to-date information on contractors
Providing assistance to consumers with unresolved complaints
We are passionate about providing the best services for both our members and members of the community. The Blair/Bedford Builders association has many events and meetings available to discuss membership benefits, educational opportunities, and opportunities to give back. The communities of Blair and Bedford counties can rest assured that we are finding the best of the best when it comes to builders, remodelers, plumbers, mechanical contractors, electrical contractors, and more. Take some time to keep up with us on our events calendar and search through our directory to find your next contractor.
CODE OF ETHICS
The active members of this Association shall be limited to those persons and firms who shall subscribe to the following code of ethics:
Members of the Blair / Bedford Builders Association believe and affirm that:
- Decent housing should be within the reach of every family.
- Homes and rental dwellings should be well-designed, well-constructed and well-located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities available to all.
- Homes and rental dwellings should be built under the private enterprise system.
- To achieve those goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- Members shall not knowingly enter into any contract, the terms of which are designed to imperil the rights of either labor or the suppliers of materials and shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact.
- Members shall perform in a manner that is consistent with standards of quality and workmanship and materials in order to promote a favorable image of the industry.
- Members shall comply with rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation should be built into every home and rental dwelling unit.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of single family and multi-family financing, to this end that every homeowner and resident of a rental dwelling unit may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed support.
We hold inviolate the private enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our Local, State and National Associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.